The good news.... these babies are SO good. They eat regularly, sleep really well at night and smile and coo at us. The day they turned 2 weeks old was the day they both started smiling at us. Later, they added "talking" to us and it's so dang cute! I just know they'll be laughing at us any minute now...
First weeks about Alex:
- VERY alert
- Happy when his tummy is full
- Loves to be nursed to sleep
- Has a "feeding frenzy" time from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Big blue eyes
- First newborn of mine that looks like a Blackwell!
- Growing fast- I think his head has doubled in size since birth
- Wearing 0-3 month size clothes
- Has a deeper, more nasally cry than Megan's
- Doesn't mind sister kicking him, crying in his face, or laying on his tummy or legs while eating
- Long, blonde hair... Mom thinks it's time for a haircut already!
- His nose gets stuffy and he sometimes sounds like a little piggy while he's eating
First weeks about Megan:
- Little sweetie pie
- Tiny face
- Eats only 6 times or so in a 24-hour period
- HATED her first bath
- Loves to be swaddled
- Looks like her Daddy and Becca as a baby... I feel like I had Becca again!
- Still wears newborn size clothes
- Has the cutest little feet and legs I have ever seen!
- Opens her mouth loud and wide when she smiles
- She looks surprised to see you
- Still hiccups a lot
- Sneezes a lot... usually three at a time. Then, she'll have an "almost" sneeze and does the cutest little girl sigh you've ever heard
Here's an overload of pictures... we had 2 newborn sessions done, one at 4 days old and another at 10 days! I can't get enough of these cuties. I'm so excited for my parents to meet them!
(I'm always worried we'll favor Megan because she's the girl...
looks like I overcompensated by taking lots of single pictures of photogenic Alex!)
Visits from aunts, uncle, and cousins
One month old!
Strike a pose