Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update on the Ryan family

So, we lost our camera last week when we moved... that's right! You heard me right, we moved. I didn't want to tell anyone, because it's getting beyond ridiculous, but this time was not our fault!

We wanted to renew our contract with our landlord, but they got a divorce and wanted their house back. So... we got packed up and we're back in Draper with John's family. John has several job ops that he's deciding between, so we thought it best to stay with family until that is sorted out.

I'm still pretending to be in South Ogden with Savvy Sister, checking out all the unadvertised deals at the double coupon store. The truth is, I have an awesome informant from my last ward that does the work for me! Sweet!

So, as soon as we get our camera back, I'll post a picture of Tommy with his first top tooth missing- so cute! He's turning 6 next week... unbelievable! We're having a hard time knowing what to get him for his birthday, he wants everything!

And, I'll post a picture of us at Seven Peaks on Saturday. John's whole family will be here, the sisters from out of state and everything. The kids have never been to a water park so awesome, they don't even know what to expect!

And, I'll post a picture of Allison getting ready for Young Women's Camp- they are going to the Heber Camp, the lucky girls! I've heard it's the "Cadillac" of Young Women's Camps- she's going to be spoiled on her very first trip!

I also need to add to the school year report that Rebecca had an amazing year of field trips! She went skiing, canoeing, did archery at a mountain camp, and went to This is the Place Park & the State Capitol. Wow, 4th grade was great for her! I can hardly believe that she'll be in 5th grade this fall, the same grade I used to teach.

As for me, I'm still a crazy blogging mama on Savvy Sister Shops. It has been a great outlet for me during a frustrating time. There's so much more to it than I imagined! The good thing is, it's finally starting to make some money. If you want to know how, I'll gladly share my secrets!

I've got a bunch of giveaways lined up and this week's is from Jilly Bean Things- my sis-in-law has an incredible etsy shop and the winner of the blog giveaway gets to choose any item from her store!
Check it out here, if you want to enter.

And now, Becca will be happy because I finally updated our blog- our pictures will be ... coming soon!

5 comments:

Heather said...

BECCA-
thanks mom!;)

Jenni said...

Wow Heather! You guys have been through quite a time with jobs and moving. I'm so sorry to hear about HAVING to move out of a place you were content in. I hope things will get easier for you and that you will be able to see the good that came from all these trials. You are such an amazing woman of faith and endurance. I appreciate your example. Oh, and I check your Savvy Sister blog daily. I love it! Thanks for all your hard work to help others in YOUR time of need. :) Love ya!

Heather said...

Thanks, Jenni! You're so nice to me!

Marianne said...

You moved again, I am not surprised. :) Hope you can find somewhere you like even more this time!!

Crystal said...

Ya know, there's several homes for sale in our neighborhood! (Hint, hint) I'm sorry you had to go through the hassle of moving again, that stinks. But I'm glad that you are closer to us again! Let me know if you need anything!