Sunday, January 9, 2011

SnOw DaY!

This is not a doctored photo- it actually snowed in Dallas, Texas today! The kids were SO excited! We scrambled to find our snow clothes and gloves, church was canceled after Sacrament Meeting- it was a nice day to enjoy!

Thomas even broke out the sled to use in the driveway. We let them play in the snow on Sunday- this may be our only chance all year long. ;)

Our view of church as we left early. Thomas was cheering when he heard the news...! We're waiting to see tomorrow morning if they decide to cancel school. The town is ill-equipped to battle snow and ice.
We also went ice skating yesterday, so we feel like it's really winter now! I was able to earn tickets for skating through my blog- yay! It's one of those love/hate things with my blog. Sometimes it's grueling work and I sometimes wonder what in the world I have done, but then I get cool things like skating for free. We've never taken the kids to do this before, so it was extra fun.

Tommy was extra hard to help- he has a knack of putting all his body weight on you through his arms- wow! John and I did best when we each took one hand. He thought he was big stuff and now thinks he can be a hockey player....! We'll see...

The girls loved it and had a great time. They have also been before with church groups or friend's birthday parties. (I got my hair cut and my kids and John think I look like my sisters. I think they're right!)

5 comments:

Grama Debbie said...

Wow, what fun in the wintertime! Love the pictures.

Jill Collier said...

Cute pictures! That is so fun to have snow in Texas!! I love your hair Heather!

Mary said...

what a fun trip!! We are very jealous over here in Keller...we didn't have enough snow to make a snowman, not even a respctable snowball. But it's okay, we're headed to Idaho this weekend and we'll all get to play in the snow all week long!! Hooray!! Now, I just need to find some warm, waterproof kids gloves. Hmmm.

Lisa B said...

How fun! Wow, you had a lot of snow! That is awesome! I haven't ice skated in years, but it is so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing all of the cute pictures of your family! We miss you!

Melissa said...

So glad you got some snow! Today I ws just thinking that I am sick of winter. It was 8 degrees this morning! I'll take the snow but no more cold.....
Your hair is cute and I thought at first that Lindsay was in the ice skating picture, so they are right!
Love you guys.