Thursday, June 12, 2008

Matthew John Ryan



The littlest member of our family we'll have to wait to see again someday! Matthew John Ryan died in December while I was pregnant with him. He is a very special spirit that only needed a body to continue his progression. When people ask me how many children I have, I tell them "Four- 2 boys and 2 girls." He will always be counted as ours.
This is a picture of his grave marker in Sandy, UT. We visit there often, mostly on Sundays.

We found out after we named him that Matthew means 'Gift of God.'

While losing Matthew has been the most trying and difficult experience of our lives, it has been the most spiritual, also. I believe that the Lord was pouring out his comfort and blessings to help us through. These are some scriptures that mean so much more to me now:

Moses 1:39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Doc. and Cov. 18:10,15 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; And if it so be that you should.... bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

We miss him and love him very much! We look forward to the time that we will see him again.




No comments: