Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Before

So, John and I are sick of painting.... really, we are. Hard to believe, I know, because we've painted almost every home we've lived in and that's a lot! And although our new home is almost perfect in every way, THIS...... had to go!





Do you agree? Hee hee, the green was a bit of a shock, so we changed it to this:



Another little item that needed some attention:








Yikes! It took John and I an afternoon to complete the "after" shot of the kitchen, it's going to take a little bit longer before we get the backyard done. Above you can see Allison working on filling up a box full of weeds. I keep trying to convince my children that they are the lucky ones- they do not have parents that have enough money to hire out yardwork, housework, etc. They get to learn to work! Yes, they grumble and groan, but they are learning! Becca is starting to figure out that the faster you work, the faster you are done! Yipee! We are making progress!



And, this is my little garden box. It used to be Rebecca's bookcase, but it's seen one too many moves and cracked this last one. Thanks, Becca for an easy garden! The little box on the left is made from her shelves.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I'm glad you painted the kitchen...it sure needed it! Good luck with the weeds!