Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer dos and don'ts

1. DO go to 3D movies in the summer, looking extra cool- even if you have to sit on the booster.


2. DO this! This is the best slip 'n slide our family has ever had. Made from leftover construction plastic.


3. DO join your local activity days chapter. One leader here has a boat, the other a pool. Can you guess what these girls have been doing for their activities?

4. DO go camping. This is Ryan camping at its' best. Smores on the bbq and tent in the backyard. Easy, free and minimal dirt.




1. DON'T buy the pool with the "palm tree canopy." It just falls down. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw what someone in our family (I'm not naming names here) tried to do to fix it. Put our water storage tank (obviously an empty one) in there to hold it up! This little baby went back to the store.

2. DON'T miss out on the last free day at the Treehouse Museum! Really, Ogden is not that far away! :) Last free day is August 1, come up and visit us and this cool museum! You get in for free, then they give you tickets when you leave to come back for free again! That fits right in with my budget.





5 comments:

Shauna said...

What a fun summer you are having! We have a fire pit in our back yard and smores and swimming have been the favorite activites so far. We may have to go to the Treehouse Museum. We haven't been there before and it looks fun!

Jen Nelson said...

I'm so quitting my job and hanging out with you guys!

Lindsay said...

I love it! I'm totally loving the homemade slip n' slide. You have the perfect front yard for it.

Marianne said...

That looks like so much fun! You have the most creative ideas for keeping kids entertained and busy. I especially love roasting marshmallows over the grill! We'll have to try that one.

Jill Collier said...

Man, I need to get on the ball with summer activities! Great ideas! Love the picture of Tommy at the movie, so cute.