Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Attention former young women!

Hey all, I'm asking for your help, once again! I have an awesome friend from my mission that is now a counselor in a Stake Presidency in Idaho. He sent me the following message and I thought it may be helpful to get your awesome insight, also. He is speaking at a Young Women's fireside tomorrow night. If you're too embarrassed to leave on comments, you could e-mail it to me, or leave it "anonymous." I have some ideas, but I'd really like to help him out on this and get more perspective! You are all awesome!

Try to think back to when you were 15 or 16. Ready? Okay, I want to know "What do you wish your young women's leaders knew?" Either something about your life, the gospel, anything really. Maybe something you're too embarrassed to tell them or isn't "cool" to talk about?

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Don't know if it will help, but I just sent you an email with an idea? Or maybe its just crazy person rambling... :)

the Lola Letters said...

I'm kind of drawing a blank here... I feel really OLD as I realize how long ago this was!!

The biggest thing that comes to mind is - I wish that my leaders could have helped me to understand or grasp the fact that there is life after your teens! Everything just felt so big and overwhelming and all-consuming sometimes. Like, if I couldn't get my Algebra grades up or the boy I liked didn't even know I was alive, or my "friends" weren't being kind... whenever something went wrong, it felt like I was trapped in a world that was coming down around me...and looking back - I want to laugh so hard! So much of it was tiny - nothing, but it felt like everything at the time. Now, I don't know that you can really get a teenager to believe that high school isn't everything... it's probably just part of growing up, but it would have helped to have powerful and continual reminders that helped me see things from an eternal perspective more often. I DID have a few of those, and that's why it was easy to make good choices - but I would have had even more peace if I'd gotten them more often.

Wow, longest comment ever! ha ha! I just see girls worrying about things, or letting other girls get to them, and I just want to hug them and say - trust me, it gets soooo much better!