Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bargains make me happy!


Okay, you know what I'm going to say when you see a picture like this, right? Yes, I've joined the ranks of couponers out there. I got all these items above at Target with a $20 bill. Some were free and some were not on sale at all, so it balances out! (Oh, and there should be one more banana- Allison ate one on the way home!) I had another awesome shopping day at Smith's when they had double coupon day, now that was exciting! I took Rebecca with me, and she was worn out by the time we were done- we were there all morning! I'm still a beginner, with only 2 coupon trips under my belt.

I must say about couponing, though, a couple of things:

1. Couponing is not for the faint of heart. It takes time, effort, and organization- oh, and more time. I could never do this if I were working. It is not easy to coordinate getting "free" items, but I am grateful for awesome websites that help me out in this area.

2. The feeling you get when you feel like you got a good deal is awesome- probably could become highly addictive. :)

Speaking of deals, I went school shopping for Tommy a couple of months ago at the West Jordan D.I. Look at these handsome shirts I got for $3 each! I think they are really nice and of course, you can probably already tell that he's going to look like a mini-John. (Not that he didn't already, right?) I went for the shirts with a collar, because I heard a fashion historian lady speak on BYU TV and she said that if you wear a collar, you carry more clout. (Who knew?)

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I can't handle the headache of all the crazy coupon stuff. I just price-match at Walmart and use coupons there. I figure I still save lots of money, but I also save lots of time by only having to shop at one store once a week. Ah, the things we do to save money!

Shauna said...

I love saving money as well. I have done the "Grocery Guru" a few times and I am amazed at what I can get. What websites do you go to most? I need to get better and taking the time to get it all together. Way to go!!

Alli said...

Sorry I ate that banana....I regret it....:( :)

I love those shirts!!!

Lindsay said...

You go girl! Was that a couple of baby bottles off to the left? Just wondering:) I love the shirts too!

Jill Collier said...

Wow, you found some great buys! Those shirts are so cute for Tommy! I love finding deals too :)